Frequently asked questions: Our top twenty questions
Read this page to help overcome some common issues with your sensor.
Altum: Thermal. Multispectral. High-Resolution.
Learn how to integrate and use this revolutionary 3-in-1 sensor.
Getting Started with MicaSense: An overview of multispectral precision agriculture
This brief overview outlines the steps required to get started in drone-based, multispectral precision agriculture.
User Guide for MicaSense Sensors (Altum, RedEdge M/MX, Dual Camera System)
With multiple options for integration, this guide will help you get it right.
Best Practices: Capturing data with RedEdge or Altum
How you capture data is critical to produce quality output. This guide takes you through everything you need to know.
Pix4Dfields and RedEdge-M/MX: Quick stitch for multispectral imagery
Pix4Dfields supports multispectral data from RedEdge-M/MX. Older sensors will need an update to use it.
Knowledge Base: RedEdge, Altum, and Atlas
Looking for answers? Search or browse our knowledge base.
Contact us for personalized support
If you can't find an answer on the knowledge base, or would like a personal touch, please contact us.
Browse the knowledge base
- ★ Altum Integration Guide
- Altum packing list
- Altum Thermal Band - FAQ
- How do I power the Altum?
- Converting Altum Thermal to degrees C after processing in Agisoft or Pix4D
- Altum: EU Declaration of Conformity
- ★ RedEdge-MX Integration Guide
- Pix4Dmapper / MicaSense RedEdge-MX 10-band processing
- RedEdge-MX Dual Camera System - Integration Guide
- RedEdge-MX Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- RedEdge-M Flight Calculator
- How do I power the RedEdge-M/MX?
- Skyport vs Quick Mount Kit
- Dual Camera System: FAQs
- Why is the web configuration page showing an incorrect date?
- What is the ECCN?
- What is the accuracy of the included GPS for RedEdge?
- What does RedEdge's Downwelling Light Sensor do for my data?
- How to integrate Emlid Reach RTK with MicaSense Sensors
- Getting started with SkyPort (PSDK)
- How to create an ethernet adapter cable for RedEdge-M/MX
- How to connect a LiPo battery to the RedEdge-MX or Altum
- User Guide for MicaSense Sensors (Altum, RedEdge M/MX, Dual Camera System)
- Log Files (.dat) FAQs
- ★ M300 RTK QuickMount GEN2 Instructions for RedEdge-MX and Altum
- Inspire 2 - Quick Mount Gen. 2 Integration Guide for RedEdge-MX and Altum
- Matrice 100/600 QuickMount Gen. 2 Integration Guide
- RedEdge-M/MX OEM Dual Camera Kit Integration Guide
- Troubleshooting issues with RedEdge Top of Frame output
- Guide for MicaSense Sensors and PixHawk
- How to Test a Storage Device Using a MicaSense Sensor
- What can I use to protect the RedEdge's lenses during data collection?
- Why are the five images captured by RedEdge not aligned to each other?
- How do I connect to RedEdge Wi-Fi?
- Can the Wi-Fi on the RedEdge camera be disabled?
- What's the red light that flashes 3 times on the front of the camera?
- From Pix4D to Analysis (PDF)
- Modifying older collections for Pix4Dfields support
- Updating RedEdge for Pix4Dfields
- Process MicaSense sensor data in Agisoft Metashape
- Using Ground Control Points in Pix4D
- MicaSense Camera Image Processing Workflow
- M200 - Quick Mount Gen. 2 Integration Guide for RedEdge-MX and Altum
- Instructions: Quick Mount Gen. 2 Integration Kit for Matrice 100 & 600 Series (PDF)
- Instructions: Quick Mount Gen. 2 Integration Kit for Inspire 2 (PDF)
- Instructions: Quick Mount Integration Kit for Inspire 1 (PDF)
- Instructions: Quick Mount Integration Kit for Inspire 2 (PDF)
- Instructions: Fixed Mount Integration Kit for Matrice 100 (PDF)
- ★ Automatic Calibration Panel Detection (QR Mode)
- ★ Best practices: Collecting Data with MicaSense Sensors
- Getting started with M300 and MicaSense
- Integration examples for MicaSense sensors
- Inputs and outputs for MicaSense sensors
- DJI Pilot and MicaSense Sensors
- Capturing from low altitudes and from a fixed point
- How to change the format for RAW files (16-bit TIFF to 12-bit DNG)
- MicaSense FAQs
- Can I use a protective film or glass to cover the camera lenses during data capture and landing?
- What is the difference between a “panel capture” and a “normal capture”?
- Choosing a Mission Planner
- Atlas Legacy Processing Guide
- How to export to Atlas from Pix4D
- Importing a GeoTIFF into SMS
- Printing from Atlas
- The CropFocus Layer
- Atlas Export Options
- Why can't I export my imagery from Atlas?
- What is a capture?
- How Does Atlas Calculate Overlap in DataHub
- Creating agricultural indices (NDVI, NDRE) in QGIS
- How do I get an Atlas account?
- What happens when I change Atlas plans?