Frequently asked questions: Our top twenty questions
Read this page to help overcome some common issues with your sensor.
RedEdge-P: The ultimate solution for high-res RGB and multispectral data.
Getting Started with MicaSense: An overview of multispectral precision agriculture
This brief overview outlines the steps required to get started in drone-based, multispectral precision agriculture.
User Guide for MicaSense Sensors
With multiple options for integration, this guide will help you get it right.
Best Practices: Capturing data with MicaSense sensors
How you capture data is critical to produce quality output. This guide takes you through everything you need to know.
Contact us for personalized support
If you can't find an answer on the knowledge base, or would like a personal touch, please contact us.
Browse the knowledge base by category:
- CFexpress cards for RedEdge-P and Altum-PT
- Dual Camera System: FAQs
- Altum Thermal Band - FAQ
- How to update your firmware
- What is the ECCN?
- What is the center wavelength and bandwidth of each filter for MicaSense sensors?
- ★ List of all integration kits from MicaSense
- ★ Skyport vs Quick Mount Kit
- ★ Quick Mount Gen. 2 Instructions for DJI M300
- List of cameras compatible with DJI Skyport and MicaSense Quick Mount
- DJI Drone compatibility list for DJI Skyport and MicaSense Quick Mounts
- How to set up RTK with M300 and MicaSense cameras
- Capturing from low altitudes and from a fixed point
- Integration examples for MicaSense sensors
- Getting Started with MicaSense
- Troubleshooting Triggering Issues
- How will crop netting affect my data?
- Do I still need to take panel shots if I am using a sunshine sensor?
- ★ How to add MicaSense cameras to Mission Planning apps (DJI Pilot, GS Pro, etc.)
- ★ Best practices: Collecting Data with MicaSense Sensors
- DJI Pilot and MicaSense Sensors
- Choosing a Mission Planner
- Using DJI GS Pro with RedEdge-MX and Altum + Skyport
- How much overlap is needed?
- Processing MicaSense RTK data in Agisoft Metashape and Pix4DMapper
- How to read and export image metadata with Exiftool
- Analyzing MicaSense data processed with Agisoft Metashape
- Using Panels and/or DLS in Post-Processing
- MicaSense Camera Image Processing Workflow
- Use of Calibrated Reflectance Panels For MicaSense Data
- Altum SD card adapter installation instructions
- How to connect to the MicaSense Altum via Ethernet
- How do I power the Altum?
- Converting Altum Thermal to degrees C after processing in Agisoft or Pix4D
- Altum: EU Declaration of Conformity
- Altum: PPS Pin Usage and Top of Frame Output
- Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS) Basics
- What does RedEdge's Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS) do for my data?
- DLS Integration Guide > Quick Start
- DLS Integration Guide > Operation
- DLS Integration Guide > Power On and Configuration
- DLS Integration Guide > Connections
- RedEdge-3 & Emlid Reach RTK GPS Integration Example (Legacy)
- Fixing Reflectance Metadata
- Synchronizing Multiple RedEdge-3 Cameras (Legacy)
- RedEdge-3: PPS Pin Usage and Top of Frame Output
- Getting Started With RedEdge-3 (Legacy)
- RedEdge 3 - Integration Guide
- Blue sUAS options with MicaSense sensors
- Panchromatic Band - FAQs
- Comparison between all MicaSense sensors.
- Inputs and outputs for MicaSense sensors
- User Guide for MicaSense Sensors
- Log Files (.dat) FAQs
- How to export to Atlas from Pix4D (Legacy)
- Printing from Atlas
- The CropFocus Layer
- Atlas Export Options (paid subscriptions only)
- MicaSense Uploader v2.x Instructions
- Viewing Data in Atlas
- Why can't I export my imagery from Atlas?
- How should I define my fields in Atlas?
- Can I upload a .kml or shapefile to define my field boundaries?
- What are the units of the Atlas GeoTIFF output?
- Overview of histograms and how they are used in Atlas
- What are the different layers seen in the Atlas viewer (RGB, NRG, NDVI, NDVI2, NDRE, and DSM)?