Do I need to connect to both cameras via WiFi?
No. The Main (red) camera will control most of the settings for the Auxiliary (blue) camera as well. A few settings are camera-specific, so you still have the ability to access the Auxiliary camera's settings via WiFi as well.
Can I use the RedEdge-MX Blue with my RedEdge-M? How about other sensors?
RedEdge-MX Blue can be used with RedEdge-M and RedEdge-MX. It is not compatible with Altum or older RedEdge models. Please note that if you are using the RedEdge-M, you must have a DLS2. This comes standard with the upgrade kit, or you can purchase separately.
Note that only the RedEdge-M Upgrade Kit comes with a DLS2. For more information see our Dual Camera product page.
Can I use SD cards larger than 32GB?
Yes! For more information on using SD cards with higher capacity, see: SD Cards for RedEdge-M/MX
How do I take a panel capture?
It is essentially the same process as with any other MicaSense camera. You have a couple different options:
- Physical button on the Main (red) camera. Simply align the camera about 1m above the panel, and click the button once.
- Software button in the camera's web interface
Both of these methods will trigger a capture for BOTH cameras, so you will have a panel image for all 10 bands.
Please note that the "streaming" mode and QR capture modes will be disabled in the Dual Camera system due to the limitations of this particular integration.
What are the differences in the camera web interface?
There are only a few main differences:
- The Status page will show the available storage space for both cameras
- The Live View page will still enable you to take a capture, however the streaming and QR modes are disabled. This is by design due to limitations of your mutli-camera integration.
- The Live View page will not show a preview of all 10-bands once a capture has been made. It will only show a preview of the Main camera, although both cameras will have triggered simultaneously.
- The Advanced Configuration page will show a list of all devices connected, including the DLS2 and the blue camera. Please verify that these other devices are marked as "auxiliary" devices.
- Some settings in the Advanced Configuration will be camera specific. For example, manual exposure settings, RAW format, and band omission.
I only see 5 bands in the capture preview, where are the others?
This is normal. The main (red) camera will show a preview of the 5 bands. Both cameras will contain captures once a preview confirms that a capture was successful.
Can I use my older DLS-1 instead of DLS2?
Dual Camera is only compatible with DLS2. There is no possible integration with the original DLS-1.
Can I still connect via Ethernet?
Yes, both cameras still have a dedicated COMM port to connect via Ethernet. If you are interested in creating an Ethernet adapter cable, see: How to create an ethernet adapter cable for RedEdge-M/MX
I don't have a DJI drone. Is there a Dual Cam mounting kit for non-DJI platforms?
Yes, we can provide a mounting kit for custom integrations. Please contact our Sales team directly about this by clicking here.
How do I process 10-band data?
It depends on what photogrammetry software you are using. The two most common are Pix4Dmapper and Agisoft Metashape. Below you can see our processing guides for each:
Are there 10-band specific agricultural indices?
I see SYNC0000SET folders on both cameras. What is this?
Normally, MicaSense cameras will create a new folder when booting up, starting with "0000SET". However, once the camera firmware detects that multiple cameras are connected together, they will both have a "SYNC0000SET" folder instead. This will contain the captures from the respective cameras.
The Main (red) camera will contain bands 1 through 5, while the Auxilary (blue) camera will have bands 6 through 10 in their respective SD cards.