Updating the Firmware
It is essential to keep the sensor firmware updated at all times. You can find the latest firmware via your Atlas account at the following link (Atlas account required):
Compare the version of your firmware with the latest version available for download by going to the bottom of the configuration page in the camera's web UI, or by looking in the image metadata of a capture.
If you have not created a free Atlas account yet, you can do so here: https://atlas.micasense.com
Before updating your firmware, you must make sure your camera is getting enough power. If you aren't providing your camera with the recommended amount of power, you can damage the camera while attempting the firmware update.
Please see the following articles for details about power requirements before updating your firmware:
After downloading the .bin file and checking the power, the firmware in your MicaSense Sensor can be easily updated following these steps.
- Copy the *.bin file that matches your MicaSense sensor model to a folder on your computer or to the storage device you use for your sensor.
- With sensor powered OFF, insert storage device into sensor.
- Provide a source of power to the sensor and power sensor ON if it doesn’t power on automatically.
- Connect to the WiFi interface and go to the settings page (gear icon).
- Select "Storage and Firmware" and then "Update Firmware".
- All .bin files on the camera USB drive will show up in a list. Use the radio button to select the .bin file you wish to use. Alternatively, click the "Choose File" or "Browse" button to select a different file on your computer. Once the file of choice is selected, click the "Update Firmware" button to begin the update process.
- Wait until the progress bar completes and prompts you to restart your sensor.
- Hold down the power button on your sensor until the lights turn off.
- Wait a few seconds and turn the sensor back on.
- The sensor should then boot up normally, and the LED status light will flash approximately once every 1.5 seconds.
- Verify the software was updated by checking the “Settings” page on the sensor’s web page. The firmware version number is shown at the bottom of the page.
- If you copied the bin file to the storage device manually, power down the sensor, remove the storage device and delete the bin file.