Checking the KMZ file is an important part of data collection with RedEdge. It should be done after every flight to ensure the camera triggered as intended, and that the intended data was captured.
1. Connect to the cameras WiFi on your device by following the instructions found in the RedEdge User Manual.
2. In an internet browser on your device, navigate to the following address: 192.168.10.254/#/map
3. Under "Download KMZ" click "captures.kmz" to download the file.
4. At this point, you can disconnect from the camera wifi and (if available), connect to your local WiFi.
5. Open Google Earth or Google Earth Pro - both are able to readily open KMZ files. If you do not have either of these, they are available for free download at http://www.google.com/earth/explore/products/desktop.html.
6. Go to File>Open. Navigate to the "captures.kmz" file on your device. Then click "Open". Google Earth should automatically navigate to your capture locations on the map and you should see "captures.kmz" appear in you "Tepmorary Places" folder under the "Places" menu.
7. If Google Earth does not automatically navigate to your capture locations, double click on the icon next to "captures.kmz" to do so.