RedEdge-M User Manual > Firmware Update
It is essential to keep the camera firmware updated at all times. You can find the latest firmware via your ATLAS account at the following link (login required):
If you have not created a free Atlas account yet, you can do so here: https://atlas.micasense.com
The firmware in the RedEdge-M camera can be easily updated following these steps:
- Copy the rededgem.bin file to the root folder of any SD card (the SD card that came with the camera is recommended).
- With camera powered OFF, insert SD card into camera.
- Provide a source of power to the camera and power camera ON if it doesn’t power on automatically.
- Wait approximately 30-60 seconds
- The camera should then boot up normally, and the status light in the front will flash at approximately a once every 1.5 seconds.
- Verify the software was updated by checking the “Settings” page on the camera’s web page. The firmware version number is shown at the bottom of the page.
Power down the camera, remove the SD card and delete the bin file (otherwise each time you power up the camera, it will reinstall the firmware).